Call for Proposals 2015
Deadline : December 16,2014
ANTI – Contemporary Art Festival is an international contemporary arts festival presenting site-specific works made for public space in Kuopio, Finland. ANTI presents live, sonic, visual and text-based art from today’s most exciting and innovative artists. A truly international festival and Finland’s foremost presenter of Live Art, ANTI is a meeting place for artists and audiences fascinated by how art shapes the spaces of everyday life.
In September 2015, ANTI Festival will collaborate with the Kuopio Marathon to present a unique series of cultural events created in response to the race. We invite proposals for projects that engage with one or more of the following areas:
- Duration, longevity and time; the long and short of time-based activities
- Sport and culture, sporting culture, cultural sport
- The body and endurance – expanded ideas of endurance: political, social, cultural forms of endured activity; the social agency of endurance
- The quantified self: fitness culture, technology and performance
- The race, racing and competitive frameworks
- Participation and mass events – the individual and the many
- The enthusiast and the amateur: the cultural agency of the ‘trained’ every-person
- Topographic trajectories and spatial intervention: running/reading/using the city
ANTI is a site-specific festival – we do not show projects in traditional cultural spaces, thus projects have a direct relationship with the spaces and places they are shown in. When proposing a project please make it clear where your project would ideally be located, and why. The 2015 festival will take place in and round the Kuopio Marathon – projects are imagined to establish a number of relationships with the race itself; some may engage directly with the event while others might happen in parallel to it etc.
The Kuopio Marathon was first held in 1998. 2015 will see around 2,500 runners take part. The event comprises a mix of distances – full marathon, half marathon, 10K (walk or run) and a series of races for children. The events takes place across the 4th and 5th of September.
For more information : http://www.kuopiomaraton.com
Before making your proposal it may be beneficial to spend some time with the online archive of previous festival editions : http://www.antifestival.com
The Proposal Process
All proposals must be sent using this electronic form and written in English. The form allows a link to be made to online documentation of previous work and for applicants to attach a CV and max three supporting images. Proposals that do not strictly conform to these guidelines will not be considered.
ANTI – Contemporary Art Festival September 1-6th, 2015
For further information you can email : email@example.com