An Open Call exhibition curated by Ismail Erbil.
Deadline : January 16, 2015
Application fee : £10
Conceptual Pop. Conceptual Living. Pop Living invites artists to submit work that builds on ideas of ‘pop’ thinking in art and culture; the re/production of culture and living mediated through technology and advertising is captured in a constant techno-decumentation of society and the self. The hyper-real and contemporary constructions of living come together in a celebrity-fuelled world of sleek design and fictional future-spaces. Pop Living invites artists working with wall based work to respond to concepts of contemporary living, hyper-reality and transmitted spaces.
If you would like to be part of POP LIVING please continue to the applications guidelines below :
Deadline for applications : Friday January 16, 2015
Selected artists announced on Schwartz Gallery website: Friday 23rd January 2015
Private view : Wenesday February 11th 18 h to 20 h 30
Exhibition dates : Feb 11, 2015 to Feb 28, 2015
Opening Hours : Thursday to Saturday 13 h until 18 h or by appointment
Application and processing fee : £10 (via paypal) per application of up to two artworks per artist. The fee is non-refundable. Please include your PayPal Payment Reference Number when completing the POP LIVING application form.
- POP LIVING is open to artists based in the U.K and Internationally.
- Only wall-based media will be considered which should not exceed 60 x 60 cm.
- Work should not be framed and must the original and not an edition. Each applicant can submit up to two pieces of work, saved as JPG files no larger than 1MB per image ( 2 images in total maximum per applicant).
Each applicant should attach a one page CV when submitting their application (word doc or pdf).
No late submissions will be accepted.
All works must have been made since 2012.
Applicants should be aged 23 and over at the time of applying.
- Number each image to correspond to the work list on the application form.
- Schwartz Gallery reserves the right to not display any artwork that is significantly different from the art that was accepted from the submission.
- Work submitted must be available and remain on display until the end of the exhibition with selected artists signing a consignment form.
- Work will need to be collected at the end of the exhibition (Selected artists will be contacted regarding the delivery and collection dates). The gallery can arrange for work to be posted back to the artists as long as all costs have been covered by the artists.
- Artists are strongly advised to insure their own works. The gallery will not be responsible for theft, loss or damage to their work.
- Once artists have dropped work off to the gallery, the hanging of the show will be the responsibility of the gallery.
- Exhibited works may be photographed for promotional purposes.
DOWNLOADABLE APPLICATION FORM
Please e-mail your completed application form and all required support materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and POP LIVING in the subject title.
Application fee PayPal link : Please see Gallery website open call : http://www.schwartzgallery.co.uk/open-call/